Can the sysdate be populated to a field based on value selected from a list in a different field in iDalko Table Grid Editor?

Valerie Young November 19, 2013

I have a table with a list field called Status (a list with 2 values, Pass / Fail). When a row is added the Status field is not populated. The table I am using tracks test cases, and when a tester completes a test they select Pass or Fail from the Status list. When a value is selected I want the system date from the server to be populated to a date field. Is this possible?

I have looked at the gd.tracking property, but it won't meet this requirement because I don't want the date field populated on each change. I want the date field conditionally populated based on a value selected by the user.

2 answers

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2013

Ok,

(Sorry if I misinterpreted your question earlier on)

This might be a bit of a stretch, but with the current available version you might solve it as follows

col.status = Status
col.status.type = list
col.status.query = select name, value, DATE_FORMAT(NOW(),'%d %m %Y') AS currentDate from testcaseOutcome_d1
col.status.query.ds = jira

col.reportDate = Reported On
col.reportDate.type = string
col.reportDate.formula = {status.currentDate}

* testcaseOutcome_d1 is a driving table containing the 2 potential outcomes (Pass, Fail).
* The query also calculates the currentdate (this is mysql dialect)
* the reportDate is calculated and actually retrieves the currentDate (as a string)

Would this work ?

Francis

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2013

Hi Valerie,

What do you mean with sysdate - is this a custom field in the issue or is this a column in the grid ?
Also - if you want to track who changed what row when, you can use the gd.tracking property, and display this information with col.xyz.name=<tracking field>

Francis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events