Can the delete buttons get a confirmation or moved away from other buttons?

Greg Vatman June 26, 2013

Several of my QA engineers have complained that the test execute button and test step edit button are too close to the delete button. Too often they have accidentally deleted imporant data without any way of recovering it, short of using the entire backup.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

FYI: We just went to Release 2.1.0.1459 and the Delete confirmation exists and works great!

-JS

0 votes
Greg Vatman December 4, 2013

Confirmation dialogue in 2.1 release has fixed this issue.

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Any updates on this?

Thank you.

0 votes
Finn Normann August 21, 2013

I tried that too ... much to my amusement I deleted a test step.

Moreover when adding test steps this isn't shown in the work log, so once deleted, it's gone. Best hope you can recreate the step ;o)

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

My issue is that the delete trashcan icon is too close to the pencil in "Expected Result". It is also in the same spot as the "Add" and "Update" buttons. It would be best to add an "Are you sure you want to delete" message. Or remove the trashcan entirely and put "Delete Test Step" under the "More Actions" drop down. This would insure that someone really means to delete a step.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2013

Hi Greg,

Can you provide a screenshot of what your team is having issue with and, if possible, a visual description of where your team would prefere the button be moved to. This would help our design team when review enchancements.

Regards,

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events