Can't we just update the test right on the test execution page?

charles thorn March 3, 2016

As we run tests we often need to update them. It is such a pain to go to the "Actual" test to update it. Why can't we just update the test at the same time we are executing it?

2 answers

0 votes
charles thorn March 3, 2016

nice work around... thanks

I work in a large testing team. We maintain several versions at any one time. A lot of times when we run a regression test the feature has been changed. So, for that release, we really want to up date the regression test. those familiar with that particular area would know to update the test. Those not familiar might think it was a bug and would question the issue.

Ultimately all the troubles i seem to be having with zephyr stem from not having a folder system where we could store tests. If we had this folder system we could copy paste hundreds of tests and just put them in a different folder ie. Version 15. Then you can just change whatever test you need to, in whatever version, with little or no extra steps.

Right now if you clone a test cycle, the tests included in the clone are the exact same tests as the original. editing a test in one test cycle edits the test in all test cycles cloned from that one. test storage is kinda odd that way with out a folder system available... that I know of anyway.

0 votes
Jira Support March 3, 2016

I understand your situation - I am a one-man test team so it would be nice to change a Test Step right there in the Execution page.

BUT if I were managing a large testing team, I would want to prevent testers from changing Test Steps without referring to me.

I just keep the Execution and the Test open in 2 tabs and switch between them if I need to tweak a Test Step.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events