Can't get anything to display in JIRA Misc Custom Fields

Hi,

I just installed JIRA Misc Custom Fields, can't get anything at all to show except for a column in Issue Navigator. I followed the examples in Confluence (https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields) but nothing is appearing.

For a Calculated Number Field, I even used:

<!-- @@Formula:

return 33;

-->

to see if '33' would show up in the Issue Navigator, but even that is empty. I know I'm being an idiot, but I need a leg-up. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Andy

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok sorted it. I deleted the custom field I started with, created a new one, and it worked exactly as advertised. In effect, I turned it off, then on again.

The most common mistake is to type the formula in the description of the field configuration instead of the field itself. That's because they look so similar, and it's too easy to select "configure" instead of "edit".

For the field value to appear in the Issue Navigator, you must first re-index JIRA (because JIRA uses its index exclusively for the issue navigator).

Obviously, to display the field on a screen, you must first associate it to that screen, but I guess you already know that.

Finally, if nothing works, you can check the logs (atlassian-jira.log). Look for "com.innovalog.jmcf".

Wow thanks David, that was quick. yes I've been re-indexing like crazy. I'll check the logs.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

514 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you