Can You Execute A Test That Has A Status of Closed in Zephyr for JIRA

Graeme Fidler March 26, 2014

Hi

We use Zephyr for JIRA and created our 1000+ tests by importing them from a spreadsheet. We are now in the situation where all of our Tests have a status of 'Open'.

My question is if I change the status of a test to 'Closed' can I still execute the test?

What is the best practice approach regarding status's with issuetypes of Test?

Thanking you in adcance.

Graeme

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014

We add our tests to a test cycle and then execute from there. We don't assign a test case to a person and each test stays in an Open status. We keep test cases open that will be re-used on the next project. If something changes in the code that effects the test case, then we change the test case step details to reflect the change. The only reason we have to close a test is if it no longer applies. For example, if the code changed and removed the logic that created the need for that test case.

If you close a test won't you either have to re-open it later to run it again for regression testing or create a new test to run that is a duplicate of the one you closed? One of the benefits of Zephyr is being able to re-use cases.

-JS

Tim Theis May 1, 2014

The reason I would like to be able to close test cases is so they don't appear as open issues in the project that are pending action.

Assuming you can still execute a closed test case, that would be the preference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events