Can XPorter Plugin be leveraged to create a PDF on transition of an issue?

Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

I need to generate a PDF file of an issue and store it on the file system when the issue is closed. I would like this to happen automatically through groovy script or some other means. Can I leverage XPorter to generate the PDF?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Xpand IT Support Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi Nancy,

Maybe you can directly call the Xporter for JIRA servlet which generates the PDF Document. An example of such request is:

http://jirahost:8080/plugins/servlet/jiraxporter?issueKey=ELECTRIC-3&outputType=pdf&template=Sample.docx

Just replace issueKey and template parameter values with the ones that you need.

Also, please certify that you are performing this request on behalf of a user that has the correct permissions to use the plugin.

Best Regards

0 votes
Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2013

I have coded this:

def issueKey = issue.getKey()

def String urlString = "http://webcat4.mutualofomaha.com/jira/plugins/servlet/jiraxporter?issueKey=$issueKey&outputType=pdf&template=Sample.docx"

def file = new FileOutputStream(urlString.tokenize("/")[-1])

new File(urlString.tokenize("/")[-1]).withOutputStream { out ->
    def url = new URL(urlString).openConnection()
    def remoteAuth = "Basic " + "req83168:Lhm4756a".getBytes().encodeBase64()
    url.setRequestProperty("Authorization", remoteAuth.toString());
    out << url.getInputStream()
}

And get a really strange error:

/plugins/servlet/jiraxporter [commons.jira.kconfig.PluginConfiguration] Database JNDI >>TestDB<< is not defined
/plugins/servlet/jiraxporter [databasecf.querydb.impl.QueryDatabaseImpl] Not connected. Possible database misconfiguration ?
1 /plugins/servlet/jiraxporter [databasecf.querydb.impl.QueryDatabaseImpl] Could not execute SQL query >>select filename from avatar<< on database TestDB.
java.sql.SQLException: Not connected. Possible database misconfiguration ?

I am calling the Groovy script from a transition in JIRA, the script should be getting the PDF of the issue and saving it to filesystem. Is there another way that I should be connecting?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events