Can User Story Map plugin show also sub-issues?

František Mika July 1, 2015

2 answers

4 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

Hi František,

Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA does not show sub-tasks today.

I'm eager to learn more about your scenario and how you would use the sub-tasks on the story map. Reach out to us via support@easyagile.com.

Thank you.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon
Easy Agile 

Hotovaga July 2, 2017

@ František,

In my opinion, please keep the story map/cards are for focusing on priorotizing the stories for next sprint.

Presence of sub-task existance would, in my opinion, make the cards more jittery and overwhelmed, which is a direct contrast of the original purpose of having the story maps.

It's an opinion.

Thanks.

František Mika July 10, 2017

Thanks for your opinion. 

F.

Philip Chen April 30, 2019

@Nick Muldoon Hi, I'd like to have sub-tasks shown on the map as well. My scenario is that for example, I have a user story that reflects a feature like `As a user, I want to see all the details of xxx, so that xxx` and I then create multiple sub-tasks to deliver the user story iteratively, e.g.

1. `minimum UI layout with dummy data`
  2. `minimum UI layout with real data`
  3. `pixel-perfect UI with real data`

In order to plan these sub-tasks, I want to create an `iteration version` for each iteration and place the sub-tickets into the version which they are expected to be worked on.

As for the user stories, I place them into a `release version` that comes after all the smaller `iteration versions`. I mark the user stories `done` when all its iterative sub-tasks are resolved.

Or perhaps you have a suggested way to achieve my goal using the current tool, I would love to learn how. Thanks!

3 votes
Robin Surland February 23, 2018

I think it would be nice to be able to toggle them on and off. That way if you add swimlanes and wish to drill down in the storymap view, you can. 

Kevin Cressy December 21, 2018

Agree - I think this would be useful

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events