Can Subversion ALM ("Subversion Plus?") and Fisheye coexist?

Som Naderi March 27, 2014

We use Fisheye, but it would be helpful to get some of the capabilities of Subversion ALM. Namely, being able to run JQL queries looking for issues that have commits.

Can the two plugins coexist in JIRA? What would be the known issues?

Thanks,

Som

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014
They can coexist and get the best of both plugins. All JIRA plugins are built with components which can be disabled by JIRA administrators, so if you get some duplicity you can hide it from JIRA. As I mentioned this is a general feature of all the plugins and it allows you hide panels, gatches, menus, JQL functions, etc from ALM, Fisheye or whatever plugin.
Som Naderi March 27, 2014

Good to hear! I'll recommend we give it a shot.

Thank you!

Som

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Not sure how you want to use them together since they are two different add ons.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014
Just for that! ALM brings a lot of benefits to Sunversion users: I.e: JIRA JQL integrated with Subversion, issue commits calendar, true commit graphs displaying issues, etc. Those features are almost CRITICAL for a good and efficient issue-commit traceability and Fisheye does not support them yet. Therefore, it has a lot of sense that all the companies using Subversion and JIRA install the ALM plugin regardless they are using Fisheye. Companies using ALM can see the difference among light and dark/shadow working with Subversion. The rest, or they do not understand the ALM benefits (my fault) or they do not understand traceability concepts correctly (their fault).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events