Can JIRA metadata be accessed remotely?

Josh Eastburn August 16, 2012

Is there any chance that by adding metadata to JIRA using this plugin that I can then pull this data into another application for report generation?

Thanks,

Josh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Spall _evolu_software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2012

Hi Josh,

sorry - but no. My plugin exports the MetadataService as component for other plugins (within JIRA) but not via ReST. You have to create a Plugin which takes my Service via component-import, make it available via ReST and install it on your JIRA server.

The component-import for your atlassian-plugin.xml

<component-import key="metadataService" name="JIRA Metadata Service"
        interface="com.osoboo.jira.metadata.MetadataService">
        <description>to access the jira metadata service.</description>
 </component-import>

For more details about ReST Plugins see: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Incomplete+Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+REST+Services

Cheers
Andreas
Josh Eastburn September 19, 2012

Thanks, Andreas. I mostly need to present tables of the metadata now associated with each JIRA project and version. I found where the metadata is stored in the JIRA database, so I think I can probably just use SQL queries to present the results I need.

Andreas Spall _evolu_software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2012

the good old sql integration ;). the Table should be AO_XXXXXX_Jira_METADATA:

the stored ENRICHED_OBJECT_KEY string will be gernerated by the following pattern:

[com.atlassian.jira.project.Project or com.atlassian.jira.project.version.Version]:[THE_OBJECT_IDENTIFIER]

e.g for a project called SampleProject (Key: SP ) the identifier will be com.atlassian.jira.project.Project:SP

Sample:

Table's create-SQL:

CREATE TABLE AO_CC6AEB_JIRA_METADATA(

ENRICHED_OBJECT_KEY VARCHAR(255),

HIDDEN BOOLEAN,

ID INTEGER GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY(START WITH 1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,

USER_KEY VARCHAR(255),

USER_VALUE VARCHAR(255))

The id of my table is the generated primary key.

INSERT INTO AO_CC6AEB_JIRA_METADATA VALUES(

'com.atlassian.jira.project.Project:SP',

FALSE,

'Budget',

'15,000,000.00')

i'll hope this will help you

Andreas

Josh Eastburn September 20, 2012

Thanks, again, Andreas. Very helpful!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders