Can I watch an ant glob using the fisheye watchers plugin?

Kevin Behrens February 11, 2013

It seems that i can... meaning I can configure it, but it doesn't seem to work.

My goal is to specify the .sln file on all branches. I also want to watch **/*proj and a few others.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2013

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, the way checking watches is built currently it isn't possible to define watches for wildcards and antglobs.

As you've noticed it would be possible to create the watches you want using a constraint, but you can't currently do it from the plugin UI. The rest endpoint does accept them however, so you can do something like:

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '[{"repository":"samplegit","user":"admin","path":"","constraint":"fileExtension=sln"}]' http://localhost:6060/foo/rest/fisheye-watchers-plugin/1.0/watches

to add a watch with a constraint.

For the available constraints see the 'Filter commits' option in the repository changelog. Additionally the 'fileName' constraint is matched by prefix, so it'll match all the commits with files starting with the given string.

Tushar Kamble(HONEYWELL) May 15, 2014

what happens if a users has already set a watch (using normal watch feature) for him/herself? Would this be overwritten by the admin based settings? Also, it seems the plugin does only support EIDs and not real user names.

1 vote
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

You can't use antglobs in Path, but you should be able to use Constraints:

fileExtension=sln

Kevin Behrens February 20, 2013

I see there is a contraint column... how does one edit it from the UI? I can enter the path... but at a loss how I'd add a constraint.

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

I guess that's a missing feature in the plugin. You can add constraints the normal way (apply filter to changelog and watch it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events