Can I watch an ant glob using the fisheye watchers plugin?

It seems that i can... meaning I can configure it, but it doesn't seem to work.

My goal is to specify the .sln file on all branches. I also want to watch **/*proj and a few others.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer
Lukasz Pater Atlassian Team Mar 26, 2013

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, the way checking watches is built currently it isn't possible to define watches for wildcards and antglobs.

As you've noticed it would be possible to create the watches you want using a constraint, but you can't currently do it from the plugin UI. The rest endpoint does accept them however, so you can do something like:

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '[{"repository":"samplegit","user":"admin","path":"","constraint":"fileExtension=sln"}]' http://localhost:6060/foo/rest/fisheye-watchers-plugin/1.0/watches

to add a watch with a constraint.

For the available constraints see the 'Filter commits' option in the repository changelog. Additionally the 'fileName' constraint is matched by prefix, so it'll match all the commits with files starting with the given string.

what happens if a users has already set a watch (using normal watch feature) for him/herself? Would this be overwritten by the admin based settings? Also, it seems the plugin does only support EIDs and not real user names.

You can't use antglobs in Path, but you should be able to use Constraints:

fileExtension=sln

I see there is a contraint column... how does one edit it from the UI? I can enter the path... but at a loss how I'd add a constraint.

I guess that's a missing feature in the plugin. You can add constraints the normal way (apply filter to changelog and watch it)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

415 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you