Can I use wiki markup and reference other issues in test step text fields?

Hi!

There was already question about making test step text fields bigger (also interested in that btw). My questions relate to the same topic:

1. Is it somehow possible to use wiki markup in test step fields? I quickly tried it but simple styling (bolding, underlining) did not work.

2. How about referencing other Jira issues by their ID? Tried this as well but didn't seem to work.

I would also like to use markup (and possibly reference issues) in test execution's comment field and individual step's comment field.

BR,
Joni

PS. I'm Evaluating Zephyr for JIRA for my company and so far it seems quite suitable for our test case management needs. :)

2 answers

I'm interested by those features too.

For zephyr it's price, it should be fully compliant with Jira, using same wiki and issue references. All fields should also be searchable. Those are all basic userfriendly usage.

Agreed, for #1 - the functionality is there already in Jira. We'd like this feature.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

852 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you