Can I use a Zephyr gadget by Affects Version?

I'm trying to use a Zephyr Gadget (one of them is "Test Execution") but can't find my Version as one of the choices in the drop down.

Is this because the version I am looking for has been released?

Or is this because the version I am looking for is the "Affects" version and not the "Fix" version?

Do the gadgets only use the "Fix" version? This won't work for us. The Affects version on our tests is the version/release that created the test. The Fix version is the version/release currently using the test. Most of our metrics use the Affects version.

Can this be changed?

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=589892#TestMetrics%28Gadgets%29-test_execution_details

Thank you!

1 answer

Hi J S,

Here is a breakdown of the versions our Gadgets use and what to expect:

Generally speaking Zephyr for JIRA uses Fix Versions for metrics.

So when you are setting up Testcase Execution Gadgets, you will choose a Version of what cycles you want to appear. This correlates with the Version you choose when creating the cycle.

When you are setting up Testcase Distribution Gadgets, you will also choose to see testcases in a particular version. This picklist will then look at the testcases with the same "Fix Version" and display them accordingly.

Finally, you can have a testcase with one fix version in a testing cycle of a different version. However the properties identified above will define how it our gadgets will display the information.

So, technically no, your tests don't need "Fix Versions". But, if you want accurate feedback from from the Testcase Distribution Gadget, you'll want to add an accurate "Fix Version" to the testcases.

So back to the issue, you are not seeing your versions in a drop down. Can you specify which drop down exactly you are not seeing your version? A screen shot always is helpful as well.

Kind Regards,

Emily

1) The "Test Execution" gadget does not use ZQL but forces me to choose from a dropdowns. I choose my project and then my version is not in the "Version" dropdown. See the Test Execution section of https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=589892#TestMetrics%28Gadgets%29-test_execution_detailsfor exactly which gadget it is.

2) Also, I need these Zephyr gadgets to work from "Affects Version" not "Fix Version". How do I do that?
3) If I can't use Affects and have to use Fix version - then I need to know, once the Fix Version is released it is no longer showing up in the drop down for the "Test Execution" gadget. Is that as designed? If so, can that be changed because we still want to look at test metrics even after that version of code is released.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

342 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you