Can I sync a JIRA instance on a corporate intranet with a cloud instance?

Christopher J Lyth October 30, 2017

Is two way communication necessary or will one way communication be sufficient? 

4 answers

3 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 28, 2019

Hi, 

I'm from Deviniti team. 

You can use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. It works for:
- cloud
- server
- data center deployments and supports different Jira version 6, 7, 8 and Jira editions
- Core
- Software
- Service Desk.

You setup whole integration via UI and you can let your project administrator's to setup/tune own synchronization for remote Jira connections prepared by sys admin before.

If you have questions, please contact us.

Cheers,
Łukasz

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentioned, with Backbone Issue Sync you can connect from a Jira in an intranet to a Jira Cloud instance. You only need to allow outgoing connections from your Jira - there's no need to open your firewalls up in the other direction.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

With Exalate, as you mention in your tags, yes.  There are other sync type tools - Backbone and Connectall for example.  In the wider world, some people are using non-Atlassian based tools such as IFTTT or Unito

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

It depends on all the functionality you need. Not everything in JIRA is exposed via REST APIs and hence you might need a plugin in some cases.

I would recommend taking a look at existing products like ConnectAll (developed by my company) and see if that works for you. I know that it works between Cloud and on-Premise instances.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events