Can I move a ticket to another project

schneider315 October 2, 2013

I can't see any function in JJUPIN in the doc that supports this? Is it possible to do this via a script?

2 answers

1 vote
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi Anthony,

At the moment there is no support for that and for a good reason. Moving issues from one project to another is not something that should be done very often and I would advise against automating this kind of procedure. You'd need to consider what workflows are associated with the two projects, what statuses, issue types, custom fields, permissions (what happens if the reporter is not allowed to be a reporter on the other project) etc - that's why you need an entire wizard to do this from the UI.

I would suggest creating a new issue in the target project and linking back to the issue you started from.

I remember another question a while back tackling the same problem. If I find it, i'll post a link here.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

yes, you can move an issue.

On your issue view screen go to More Actions->Move->{Select project}

are you seeing for exactly what I mentioned?

schneider315 October 2, 2013

No, this is in relation to the JJUPIN plugin and how to do this automatically based on some conditions in a workflow transition

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events