Can I move a ticket to another project

I can't see any function in JJUPIN in the doc that supports this? Is it possible to do this via a script?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Anthony,

At the moment there is no support for that and for a good reason. Moving issues from one project to another is not something that should be done very often and I would advise against automating this kind of procedure. You'd need to consider what workflows are associated with the two projects, what statuses, issue types, custom fields, permissions (what happens if the reporter is not allowed to be a reporter on the other project) etc - that's why you need an entire wizard to do this from the UI.

I would suggest creating a new issue in the target project and linking back to the issue you started from.

I remember another question a while back tackling the same problem. If I find it, i'll post a link here.

This widget could not be displayed.

yes, you can move an issue.

On your issue view screen go to More Actions->Move->{Select project}

are you seeing for exactly what I mentioned?

No, this is in relation to the JJUPIN plugin and how to do this automatically based on some conditions in a workflow transition

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

435 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you