Can I make changes to the Name and Email fields on the Issue Collector plugin form

Boxing He September 6, 2013

Hi, I am using the Issue Collector plugin for a project so that customers can submit Jira issues outside the Jira system. In the custom form template, there are two fields: Name and Email. Now I want to make the following changes to them:

1. Make the Email field a required field

2. Move the Name and Email fields above some other fields - right now they are always at the bottom of the form

3. Add a sentence right below the Email Field - "Provide an email address so we can respond to you"

It seems I cannot make these changes. Can you tell me if I can do it or not?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2013

We also had similar requirement, we couldn't get any option.So we did some work around/alternative.

Instead using the system providedfields (Email and Name), we used the custom fields with the same names and we hide those system fields using script.

We applied our customization of custom fields(making mandatory,adding tooltip below the field and ordering the fields).

You can try this option.

0 votes
Boxing He September 8, 2013

Hi Prathighantam,

Thank you so much for your answer which is very helpful. I will try this option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events