Can I import custom fields with Zephyr for JIRA Tests Importer Utility?

Archana Menon January 7, 2014

Hey there,

I have a required custom field that is not the JIRA field list in Zephyr for JIRA Test Importer Utility. My test case imports end in error because of that. Any way around?

Thanks!

Archana

6 answers

0 votes
Deepa Talwaria July 14, 2019

I am also trying to import the test cases with a new custom field created at "Test Step" level called "Test Step Owner". However, the new custom field is  not listed while trying to map the fields from Excel in the Zephyr Importer Utility. 

Am I missing something?

0 votes
Archana Menon January 12, 2014

Thanks Emily!

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

Hi Archana,

I see what is going on now too. This changes things. Currently the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer does not import in Affects Versions. It only imports in Fix Versions. To Import in Fix Versions, you will just use the field "Version" in the tests utility importer. You have a few options to get your excel file to import in:

1) For the import process, disable the fact that Affects Version is mandatory. At least if it is temporarily not mandatory you can import the test cases into Zephyr for JIRA. Once you are finished importing in the test cases you can make it mandatory again. This will be the easiest option.

2) The source code for the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer is open. This means you are free to adjust the importer however you need. Once you adjust it however, you will be on your own for support. We are unable to support individual adjustments. But we have a lot of folks who have done this and adjusted the importer to their own needs. You can access the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer source code in the same place as the download. Here is a direct link to it:

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/src

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Archana Menon January 9, 2014

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi Archana,

I created a custom field like yours to test this out. I did not see a JIRA custom field called "Select Dropdown List", however I chose one similar. I chose one called "Select list" which seemed to be close enough. I created a drop down of just generic entries, and then imported them in. I was able to get a successful import.

With this, it should appear in the test utility importer and you should be able to enter a field, however I am not 100% sure that I recreated your exact scenario.

Can you please send me a screen shot of the custom field that you have in JIRA? It is important to note that the Zephyr for JIRA tests utility importer does not support all custom fields in JIRA which is why it is important we find out which one you are using.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Archana Menon January 9, 2014

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the prompt response! It turns out that I was mistaken in assuming the field I was talking about is a custom field. I apologize for that. It is the field "Affects Version/s" and the field Versions available as JIRA field in JIRA Test Importer Utility only applies to Fix Version/s.

Is there any way to populate the Affects Version/s field?

Regards,

Archana

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2014

Hi Archana,

What kind of field is this custom field? Example is it a select list or a version picker or a text field etc.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Archana Menon January 8, 2014

Hi Emily,

It is a select dropdown list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events