Can I get a leading empty line in an Email this issue template?

Eva Höglin September 28, 2017

Hi,

this seems very simple, but I am still not able to find any examples how to dot it...

We have prepared an email template with a footer.

We use this when manual emails are composed using the 'Email this issue' plugin.

I would like the Email template to have an initial line break/feed, so that the user don't need to start by doing a line break above the template footer.

However, it is not possible to simply put an empty starting line in the template, because that empty line is removed when saving the template.

So this:

image.png

Is saved as this:

image.png

And looks like this to the user:

image.png

I tried to find how line feed is done using velocity markup, but was not sucessful.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Eva, check out this discussion on stack overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4549427/velocity-templates-new-line

The last comment might work for you.

-pd

Eva Höglin October 2, 2017

Hi,

big thanks for quick answer.

I tried the examples from the link you provided, but it does not work.

I am not in a java context, it is through the Email This Issue plugin so it does not seem to recognize the velocity method calls.

I will proceed and submit a support case to the Email This Issue team.

BR,

Eva

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

That's a bummer.  I have the same plugin and like it a lot.  The Velocity is always tricky for me.  If you get an answer back from the vendor could you post it here?  

pd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events