Can I generate the project plan based on the order in the Greenhopper product backlog?

Serge Prud'homme September 19, 2013

This add-on looks very promising. If there is a way to accomplish the following we will definitely buy it.

We are currently using Greenhopper and we would like the ability to generate a gantt chart using Gantt-Chart for JIRA.

We already have a product backlog so I installed Gantt-Chart for JIRA and then:

Administration -> project -> my project -> Gantt-Chart

"generate planning datas for issues having no start/end date" But as the comment indicates the issues are processed in order of creation. Which makes the gantt chart useless.

I would like to be able to re-generate a new gantt-chart at any point in time based on the resource allocation of the issues and the order specified in the product backlog. It would be great if it indicated a warning when the order conflicts with issue dependency.

We are using the Greehopper backlog to order the work. The "planned" start date can be derived from the backlog order and the stories estimated effort. The "actual" start date can be set when the story is moved from "todo" to "in progress" and the end dates can set when the issue is moved from "in progress" to "done".

I see the Gantt-Chart as a complementary view to the product backlog.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

If you have the filter for the board, I believe that the Gantt Chart can show issues based on the filter right? You can then modify the filter a little bit by add Sprint is Empty to only find issues that are in the backlog.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2013

Coming major version 3 of my Gantt-Chart has improved look & feel and a complete new user interface (UI): just select your agile board and the issues are automatically ordered accordingly and support multi-projects! I have planned to publish this version for JIRA 6.0 - 6.2EAP end of October/beginning of November 2013, soon.

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events