Can I export a doc to a template with headers/footers etc without losing all formatting?

David Jolles July 21, 2018

I'm trying to export in Word from Confluence to a company-specific MS-Word template. However, the document always loses most of the formatting, even after I've specified to "Show Table of Content" macro output etc.

The template drop-down menu in the "Exporting Word File" dialog box doesn't offer any meaningful options....

Is there something I'm missing?

3 answers

0 votes
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2018

Hi David, 

Thanks for your post.

As Ann has mentioned, you are using our app, Scroll Office, to export your Confluence content to a Word file. 

You have stated that when you export, the resulting Word file loses most of the formatting. Which parts of the formatting are being lost in this process? 

Are you exporting using a customized template or are you just using one of the bundled templates included with the app (e.g. Simple Layout template - as shown in the screenshot)? 

Perhaps it is easier for you to send us your export example and we can look into this matter further with you. You can reach out to us via support@k15t.com and I'll be able to pick up the discussion from there. 

Cheers, Thomas (K15t Software)

0 votes
David Jolles July 24, 2018

Hi Zak,

Thanks for replying to my question. Below is the screenshot of the drop down menu:

Capture.JPG

I believe the first "Export to Word" (next to "Export to PDF") is the default, and the one I am using is the "Export to Word" with the little 'W' icon next to it. I think was added by the company as a paid feature, but I'm not actually sure where it originated from. It does provide some additional export options....

Capture.JPG

However, both of the export options produce the same result.

Any suggestions welcome.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi David,

The export to word functionality you are using seem to be provided by Scroll Office for Confluence. To help the makers of that add-on, K15t Software GmbH, find your question, I am  moving it to the Marketplace collection.

Thanks,

Ann

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi David!

I'm not familiar with the template drop-down menu for exporting Word files in Confluence. I'd like to better understand how you're exporting Word files:

• What steps are you taking to access the "Exporting Word File" dialogue?
  • Do you know if this is through a third-party plugin?
  • Could you please provide a screenshot of the "Exporting Word File" dialog box?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events