Callback URL in Insight REST API request

Henno Gous October 10, 2017

Hi!

I find the Insight automation framework to be a bit limited / beyond my skill level (contradictory, I know). Ideally I'd like to automate the creation and referencing of multiple objects from a JIRA issue, but I'm not sure how to achieve that without using a Scriptrunner script, which I'm not comfortable in creating (yet).

Automation for JIRA however has a pretty easy-to-use framework and I can easily create Insight objects via the REST API from their webhook actions.

I would however like to store the response from Insight so that I can use it in subsequent steps of the automation rule (e.g. store the key of the created object so that I can set up a reference to it).

Automation for JIRA has an incoming webhook URL from where it can use the input, but then that would have to be sent to Insight in the first place as a callback parameter.

Is something like this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Henno Gous October 10, 2017

I've noted that in Insight 5.1 we would be able to use placeholders when making an http request as part of the Insight automation... perhaps that could be a way to do it, since that could be triggered when a new object is created, sending the object key to a pre-determined URL.

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2017

Hi Henno,

If the end goal is to send an HTTP request based on information from the triggered object(s), that will be possible as of Insight 5.1 as mentioned. So if you as mentioned has some functionality in place that creates those objects to trigger the automation rule, it should be a simple approach to create the HTTP request.

Best Regards
Alexander

Henno Gous October 12, 2017

Thanks Alexander... do you have an ETA for Insight 5.1?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events