Calculated Text Field using Original Estimate ("timetracking")

Miguel De Dios January 29, 2014

I want to be able to use the value of Original Estimate or "timetracking" so that when I put a value of "1h" the Original Estimate field a new field "Shirt Size" (this field's formula down below) will populate accordingly

So far I haven't had any success. In fact, the field "Shirt Size" doesn't even show up in any of my ticket screens.

Is not possible to pull from "timetracking" since it's a special field?

Here is my code:

<!-- @@Formula:

var = issue.get("timetracking")

if (var >= 1h and var <= 1.75h)

return "XS";

if (var >= 2h and var <= 4.75h)

return "S";

if (var >= 5h and var <= 7.75h)

return "M";

if (var >= 8h and var <= 11.75h)

return "L";

if (var >= 12h and var <= 14.75h)

return "XL";

if (var > 14.75h)

return null;

-->

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

First of all, "timetracking" is not a field. Maybe the field you want is "aggregatetimespent"?

Also, Java doesn't have a notion of "time", so a value such as "14.75h" is invalid.

Note that you can see the errors in atlassian-jira.log.

Miguel De Dios January 29, 2014

Well, I inspected the element of Original Estimate and it gives me the id of "timetracking" which is also what the field is called when I add it into screens.

I had a feeling the "h" on the variable would throw it off, that being the case is this custom field not compatible with Time Tracking?

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2014

"timetracking" is a "virtual" field, not an actual field that holds some value. There are real fields behind it that hold the actual data, such as the one I suggested, which returns the aggregate time spent on the issue and its subtasks. There's also the "timespent" field that returns the time spent on the issue only. Both fields return a Long, which is a number of milliseconds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events