Calculate the time difference between two date/time field

AJ May 4, 2018

I have two fields date/time field (namely start date and end date).  I want to have another field that will store the difference between the two fields (basically the duration between start date and end date).    I am trying to use a custom field called "Calculated date/time field (by JWT)".   But I am not able to figure out exactly what to do to achieve the above.  Please help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2018

Hi AJ,

I don't really know about the custom field from JWT app, but since you're asking in "ALM Works" group, may I ask you if you have Structure app installed? 

If you do have Structure, you can use its "Formula" column on the Structure Board to see the difference between the two dates (or any other Excel-like formula). It might get tricky if you want to exclude non-working time, though. The documentation is here: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/ILjrAQ

If you don't use Structure, you can consider trying it or implementing this with JWT app, as you wrote. I can move the topic to a more general group then.

Thanks!
Igor

AJ May 6, 2018

I am using structure and I tried the formula.  It did what I was looking for.  Thanks. 

Joy Luna July 20, 2022

Hi Aj,

I have the same issue. can you share what you put in the formula?

I try this: 

endDate - startDate

But the resulting values are not correct.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events