Bulk download, copy and move between projects and other features

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro November 9, 2016

Hi,

I'm considering this plugin for my company workflow but I would need the following features:

1. Bulk download: if there are 200 files in a folder I can bulk delete and bulk move them, but not bulk download them.
  2. Copy: we need to be able to copy files from one folder to another
  3. Copy and move between projects: we need to be able to move and copy files between projects

I see something similar to 3 was requested in 2013 (https://bitbucket.org/StonikByte/documents-add-on/issues/34/ability-to-move-documents-between-projects).

I would really love to received feedback on this.

Regards,

Juan Carlos---

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Hi Juan,

#1 (bulk download) and #3 (move between projects) are already on our TO DO list. #2 (copy files) is a new request for us. 

We will analyze these requests internally and come back to you soon. 

Danut.

0 votes
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2017

Bulk Download and Ability to Move Documents Between Projects are now available in Document 5.5.0 (for JIRA Server 6.1.1 - 7.0.11). and Documents 6.3.0 (for JIRA 7.1+) released on 05 Feb 2017.

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro February 17, 2017

That's great, thank you.

Juan Carlos---

GMV – Satellite and Mission Control PMO

0 votes
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2016

We are going to include "bulk document download" and "move document to another project" functionalities in the next version of the add-on, which should be available in December/January. 

"Copy document" is also something we plan to do in the near future. 

Danut

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro November 24, 2016

Thank you for the feedback Danut.

As important as the product itself is your support and trustworthiness, so I really appreciate that.

Thank you for including the bulk download and move between projects functionalities in the next release for December/January. Unfortunately not having the copy functionality projects is a show stopper for us unless you can think of a workaround.

The copy functionality is required because we maintain a largish set of legacy documentation about a series of software products we have. Now, we provide turnkey systems, so every new project using those products need to baseline the product documents and add new documents, so we need to copy the (applicable subset of) documents from the product into the project areas. Please notice every software product has a JIRA projects and every software project has a JIRA project as well.

I believe the plugin does not support "links" or "shortcuts", specially between JIRA projects? That would be fantastic.

Thank you again.

Juan Carlos---

GMV – Satellite and Mission Control PMO

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events