Bulk Modify workflow's status

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2017

Hi,

I'm doing some cleaning in my jira. I would like to suppress status that are "alike".

To do that, the status must not be used by any workflow.

In order to do that i need to open each workflow that contain this status and change it. (this step is not as simple as it seems)

Since i have something like 300 workflows to edit, i started to work on a script.

i've manage to find all the workflow that countain the status i want to change.

Now i need to find the function that can edit the status in a workflow.

the function "getLinkedStatusObjects" allow to see all the status in a workflow. Is there a function, that could do updateStatusFromWorkflow(JiraWorkflow jw, Status oldStatus, Status, newStatus) ?

Or, is there any other way to manipulate the status in a workflow by using Jira API ?

Regards,

Laurent

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2017

Hello community !

It seems that i found the solution of my issue.

I'm not sure if it's the best solution but it works.

Actually, once you have all your workflow in a list, you have to use "step" to modify your status.

By the way, it is very bad documented in the Jira API since the link to the object StepDescriptor is dead. (at least for me)

To manage to modify the status i used "getLinkedStep" (a workflow function) to retrieve the step.

Then "setName(NewName)", "getMetaAttributes().put("jira.status.id", idNewStatus)" and "setParent(it.getDescriptor())" (all are StepDescriptor functions and "it" is a workflow).

I find the solution thanks to this post in the atlassian dev community:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/create-workflow-through-java-api/4232

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2017

(in the API the notion of "step" is cover by the "StepDescriptor" object)

Tej October 26, 2017

Can you please post the code it will really helps!

Even I'm trying for clean up and bull edit status.

Thanks

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events