Bulk Edit Time Tracking (By Roles)

Adrian Calderon August 26, 2016

Is there a way to Bulk Edit the Remaining Estimates fields for Roles on multiple issues?

For example, I have several issues that have been completed. I need to set their Remaining Estimates to zero.

When I try to perform a Bulk Edit, the Time Tracking (By Roles) field is listed under Unavailable Actions, with the following error message: NOTE: This field is hidden for at least 1 issue in at least 1 project for the selected issues.

I have confirmed that the Time Tracking roles are properly configured for the Project in which the issues reside.

5 answers

0 votes
Erdal Kurt July 30, 2019

there ist still no solution?

0 votes
Adrian Calderon September 7, 2016

Hi Abhinav,

Unfortunately, I found an issue with the functionality.

When I perform a Bulk Edit to change a specific Remaining Estimate for one role across multiple issues, the Original Estimates and Remaining Estimates for all roles get updated, as well, to the values of the first issue in the selected list.

In this scenario, I would want only the specific Remaining Estimate for the role I have edited to be updated across the multiple issues and leave the Original Estimates and Remaining Estimates that I haven't edited intact.

Let me know if you could find a solution to that issue.

Thanks,

Adrian

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Hi Adrian,

Sorry I missed out your comment (somehow we were not notified with this new comment). We will look into this issue and will come back to you with a solution asap.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

Hi Adrian,

If you have not noticed already, we have updated the plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1213605

So, with the new version, if the issues selected for bulk edit have the same role configuration and in case issues are from different projects, then if they all have the same role based scheme, then, you can bulk edit the Time Tracking (By Roles) and Assignees (By Roles) fields.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

0 votes
Adrian Calderon August 29, 2016

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the tip.

Please continue to consider allowing for Bulk Edit, as there are other use cases that I have that could not be handled through a Workflow. For example, if I need to update the Remaining Estimate for only one Role, and there isn't a good Workflow transition with which to include a post-function.

In all of my use cases, I would be updating issues that had the same Role Configuration and Time Tracking Scheme, so it should be reasonable to only enable Bulk Edit when working with issues that meet that condition.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2016

Hi Adrian,

The Time Tracking (By Roles) field is listed under Unavailable Actions during Bulk Edit, because different issues selected for Bulk Edit could be having different role configuration/schemes. This will mean not each issues in the Bulk Edit will have same number of roles set up for them, or all the roles for each issues might not have same configuration settings.

We are still reviewing this to see if it can be allowed if certain conditions are met and will get back to you.

In the meantime, you could also set up your workflow to zero all the estimates when issues transition to Done.

You can achieve this, by adding a post function in your desired transition. This workflow post function can be "Update Issue Field", where you can set the remaining field value to 0. You can take note here, that when the remaining field become zero, all the role estimates will automatically be updated to zero, as we have already taken care of that.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.image2016-8-29 8:54:31.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events