Bulk Clone add-on

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

How do I navigate to the bulk clone functionality after adding the Bulk Clone add-on to JIRA?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.lbcg.jira.plugins.bulkclone.BulkClone

The link to the documentation takes me no where. I can find any helpful documentation on this.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Never mind. I dug around and found it by going to the project and choosing Bulk Clone from there. I wish I had known that before because I thought it was going to be available in the search results > Tools > Bulk Change menu - which is where I wish it was because now everything I want to clone has to be the result of a filter but if I could do this through the Bulk Change menu I could un-include one or two in the bulk clone. Plus this add-on has no "are you sure" page or "here is what you are going to clone are you ok with this before we do this" option.

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2015

Check out our support page for a detailed step by step documentation http://www.lbconsultinggroup.org/bulkclone-basic-documentation/

Cheers

Lars

0 votes
Rama November 27, 2014

Could expert can help in Bulk clone test cases, example: 500 test cases created to test IE browser &  need to clone/create same test cases run with Chrome, firefox, safari browsers with different ids, the reason being track the results in different Browsers.

please provide some steps, would be very much appriciated....

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

Lars,

The functionality of bulk clone is nice, and we're using it. However, it doesn't work the way our users 's expect it to.

Before you commercialize it, please change it so that it works as a standard Bulk Change operation from the issue search screen. In addition to working a standard way, this also lets bulk clones run with any JQL query, not just based on a filter.

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2014

we are aiming to comersialize this plugin so comprehensive documentation will follow together with a added feature set.

Lars

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2014

Lars, While it's possible to figure out how to use the Bulk Clone from the pictures, a couple of documentation pages would be very useful for a new user.

Doug Swartz

Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2014

Hi Doug, Documentation about this plugin can now be found at: http://www.lbconsultinggroup.org/bulkclone-basic-documentation/ and it is also referenced from the documentation link at Atlasssian Marketplace Cheers Lars Broden

0 votes
Lars Broden
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2014

Jessica, In the "Details" tab and  "Media" option you have a "picture carousell" with promted step by step guide on how to set it up and use it, hope this helps.

Best Regards

Lars Broden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events