Bugzilla importer hangs

Running a migration from Bugzilla to JIRA for over 4 days and it remains at 0% issues migrated. It had no issues with users, version, etc. It has issues at migrating the actual bugs/issues. The query being invoked to get a list of bugs takes forever due to the sub-select of the longdesc table. Is there a suggestion in getting around this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Anthony,

I had a similar issue some time ago, in my case the error was in the backup of the base of Bugzilla. The backup did not have the constraints in the tables.

Example:

Import works with tables like this:
CREATE TABLE `attach_data` (
`id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0',
`thedata` longblob NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 MAX_ROWS=100000 AVG_ROW_LENGTH=1000000;

Import doesn't work with tables like this:
CREATE TABLE `attach_data` (
`id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0',
`thedata` longblob NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Turned out to be some confusion on the mysql side with the indexes. I removed all of them and added them back grandually. Problem solved. However, the Bugzilla importer can't handle large amounts of data. I'm forced to do a migration of 100,000 issues in 25,000 chunks.

Hey @Anthony Kirby, can you share with us how did you imported this in parts? :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

110 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you