Bugzilla Importer does not import QA Contact field?

Jeff Bass June 25, 2012

I am using Importer v4.3.1 to import data from our Bugzilla database. It did not import (or give me any option to) the Bugzilla QA Contact (qa_contact) field. I had planned on mapping this to a custom user field in JIRA. Is this possible? Is this a bug?

6 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Regarding the op_sys and rep_platform fields, we manually did some DB work on the bugzilla DB to seperate the values and copy them into new fields that we imported afterwards...

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2013

It had been reported in the ticket https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-533

0 votes
Michael Bernard April 23, 2013

Actually the only way to do so, it's to extract the data from the bugzilla SQL tables and then to do an import with the JIRA CSV importer.

We have a few extra text fields that can't be imported. I had to go through the same batch process

Shinjani Gaur March 5, 2014

Did you first import using the Jira import plugin and then as a second step use the CSV importer to import the QA contact values or did you do the entire import via CSV import?

0 votes
Brian Chan April 23, 2013

I am now trying to import our bugzilla system to JIRA. Is there still no way of importing the QA Contact field? It would be nice to have an option for a custom field to store the value.

0 votes
Michael Bernard July 10, 2012

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I would appreciate if it could import the QA_Contact in Jira in my custom field. Is it possible?

It also appears that the op_sys and rep_platform are merged into the Environment field.

Is it possible to import them into two seperated custom field in Jira?

Thank for your great work,

Michael

0 votes
Michael Bernard July 10, 2012

I have the same issue.

Would it be possible to implement that?

It also appears that the op_sys and rep_platform are merged into the Environment field.

Is it possible to import them into two seperated values in Jira?

Thanks,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events