Bugs/feature request "Jitter Notify"

Hi @pjesi :)

I am experiencing bugs and inconsistencies with Jitter Notify and i also have a feature request :

1. BUG: The Read count does not go away

The plugin only makrs read what is shown in the notification list so let's say i have 20 notifications unread. If i click the unread count then it will only mark read 7 notifications and i need to scroll (which btw i don't know coz the scroll bar does not show there are more notifications).

This behaviour has tricked me many times and i don't understand why i still have unread notifications. I am not sure that is the best implementation. Maybe you can check the facebook way of notification because i never get tricked by that one. I don't know what they do different. I suggest some or all of these :

1. Scroll bar should show there are more
2. Put some text at the bottom that there is more unread items.
3. Show some text that says "You have marked 7 items read" so it clears it up.

2. BUG: I don't see all notifications

No matter how much i scroll (i click the unread count) i see alot of notification but when i click See all notifications it always shows me only few results.

3. BUG: Notification window shrinks on each scroll

Click the unread notifications icon then scroll to the bottom, the plugin will load more notifications and when it does this the notification list shrinks so if you scroll many times you end up with a very small notification list.

4. Feature request (filter notifications by type such as update, comment, mention, assign etc)

Because users usually get many notifications it would be VERY handy if not a requirement to have a way to filter the notifications so that @mentions are shown first or if the user wants to see the comments, assign notifications.

/donnib

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the report. Can you tell me which browser you are using?

Hi @donnib, can you hit me up on email, jitter@jitterplugin.com

Hi @donnib,

Here is a partial answer. I will update it when I have more info.

Update: Notify 0.1.3 fixes 2 and 3. Let me know how it works out.

1. This is a tough problem and Facebook does a good job at it. The hard part is that Notify does not know if you read the notification in your email. So the first solution was to mark everything you see in the list as unread.

The long term goal is to make it possible to disable email altogether so that we know better what is read and what is not. It is also possible that the JIRA admin could add some code to the email templates to call Notify to mark it as read.

The short term is to make a few usability improvements like you suggested. That should help a lot.

2. The notification page uses an "infinite scroll". So you should be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and it should fetch more notifications. I relaize that this is not working well enough and has usability problems. So I want to add a button to fetch older notifications to fix this.

3. I managed to reproduce and have commited a fix that will be available shortly.

4. This is definitely very important and will be added soon.

@pjesi, Thank you for taking the time to reply on these.

/donnib

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

511 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you