Bug on Dynamic Forms: Dynamic Select Field

Elke Perner February 14, 2013

Hello everybody,

I have detected a bug on the Dynamic Field Plugin. If I configure the dynamic select field and set the field mandatory, it's not possible in the mask to update the field.

The mask shows correctly that this field is required but if I want to select an entry from the select list, the required message doesn't appear and the process can't be saved.

Does anyone has a solution for that problem?

BR

Elke

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krzysztof Skoropada [Deviniti]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Hello Elke,

It's happened because You have required flag on the field in Field Configurations. Dynamic Forms has build-in required feature so You need to remove this flag from scheme.

I hope this will help, Krzysztof

Elke Perner February 17, 2013

Hello,

thank you for the fast reply but I have checked your hint and that's not the reason.

In the field configuration the field is "NOT" required.

I explain my example,maybe there is a misunderstanding:

There is a dynamic selection field called: Risk for sideeffects

If the option "high" is selected of the field, the additional field : Checked by

should appear and this field should be mandatory. (only if the risk for sideeffects value is high).

The "Risk for sideeffects" field and the check "checked by" field are optional in the field configuration, but in the dynamic form configuration I said, that the checked by field should be required if the value "high" is set.

The problem: I choose "high" and the field appear and I choose a value from the selection but the message: Required fields

is still there, although I have select a valid entry.

I think it's a bug, or what's the mistake in my configuration?

Best Regards

Elke

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Can send us a screenshot from create screen ?

plugins@intenso.com.pl

Regards, Krzysztof

yes sure! E-Mail is on the way.

Best Regards

Elke

Andrey Kozynets January 12, 2018

Hi Krzysztof

Was this issue resolved with Elke several years ago? We now have exactly the same (or similar) bug appearing with the latest Dynamic Forms release. We have a field marked as required in Dynamic Forms configuration. When you edit an issue, this field is always reported as "The configuration cannot be completed. Some required fields are incomplete." even though the field does contain a value!

It only happens when you edit issue in the pop-up Edit screen. If you edit it in fullscreen mode, it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrey K

Piotr Patrzek January 29, 2018

Hi Andrey,

we are checking this. We will inform you about the results.

Thank you.

Regards,

Piotr Patrzek

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Hi Elke,

Can You give us more details like plugin version, JIRA version ?

Regards, Krzysztof

Hello,

we use Jira Version 5.2 and Dynamic Forms Plugin Version:1.2.5

Best Regards

Elke

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events