[Bug] Project Pivot Report is not correctly exported to MS Excel

Jens Götz September 30, 2012

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log into JIRA
2. Choose 'Projects'-'Time Tracking (TT)' on menu bar
3. Choose 'Project Pivot Report' from drop-down list 'Reports'
4. Choose 'Next' button
5. Choose 'Excel View'
<dl><dt>Description:</dt><dt>Project Pivot Report is not correctly exported to MS Excel:</dt><dt></dt><dt>* page orientation is switched from landscape format to portrait format</dt><dt>* view is switched from compact (hours per project) to higher detailed view (hours per project and day)</dt><dt>* 'Time Spent (h)' column partially contains dates (e. g. 02. Mai, Aug 75) instead of hours</dt><dt></dt><dt></dt><dt>Best regards,</dt><dt>Jens Goetz</dt></dl>

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Jens,

Yes, code is open here https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/svn/TIME/trunk, change is really simple, you just need to set timesheet.excelview to false in TimeSheet.generateReport(), and/or Pivot.generateReport(), and I think you'll get the same view in excel. But please do not consider it as fix, but rather your personal customization.

Thank you.

Jens Götz October 3, 2012

Thank you very much.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Hi Jens,

Unfortunately those are not bugs

- page orientation and detailed report are as designed. Excel view is intended for export, or some kind of other processing, it does not group or summarise anything.

- dates instead of hours, e.g. 06.Mai stends for 7.05 hours, this is Excel how interprets data incorrectly, you need to set format for the whole column to fix this manually

Sorry for that, the latter I can't change, and first one I hope you agree with this approach.

Thank you

Jens Götz October 3, 2012

Hi Andriy,

as an end user I expect any kind of Excel export to show exactly the same as the current view in the current program. So from the end user point of view both are indeed a bug.

If you use Apache POI for the Excel export, it is really easy to fix the page orientation and to format the columns before you export data into them.

Is your code open source? If yes, I could fix them on my own.

Best regards,

Jens

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Hi Jens, sorry for silence, yes, please fill free to do what you'd like here https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/source/browse/TIME, and send me a patch if you'd like also to include it into main stream.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events