Branch Name (Text Field) is showing up twice in row in 2 dimensional gadget on Dashboard

Deepali Bagul April 29, 2016

Hello Mark Trey,

We are having issue with "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" by Status.

We have showing branch name in rows and issue status in column. Branch name is being repeated for some of them but not all. You can see that in screen shot. All underline are repeated while circles are not.

Branch Name is a custom Text Field and it is Free Text searcher (Stat)

Xaxis- Branch Name 

Yaxis- Status.

We are using Stattable Searchers Add-on version 1.1.12

widget issue.PNG

Please help us to fix this issue as Dash board 

Thanks,

Deepali Bagul

2 answers

0 votes
Deepali Bagul May 4, 2016

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to 'group by' for each Branch value. (Group by each branch name). 

When I follow the link of the dashboard for one repeated underlined values, the custom field value is incorrect (which is "Branch Name" ~ frwk14.0.120_integr), whereas for the second repeated underline value, the custom field value is correct (which is  "Branch Name" ~ frwk14.0.120_integration).

We do not have such branch with name "frwk14.0.120_integr". But still it is displayed in dashboard 

But both the repeated lines values filter the same output/results. I have refreshed the dashboard. Haven't tried Reindex yet because we are holding it dues to some performance issue.

Regards,

Deepali Bagul

&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

We do not have such branch with name "frwk14.0.120_integr". But still it is displayed in dashboard

The values shown in the dashboard are the indexed values , so either the index need to be generated or the custom field do contains the offending value.  What is the JQL result for :

"Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integr

and

"Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integration ?

In case the field is populated manually I would double check that the  "Branch Name" do effectively contains the expected values.

you may want to reindex only the offending issue especially if the custom field is updated by a script, cf https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/152955

Deepali Bagul January 27, 2017

Hello @Marc Trey,

We recently upgraded the JIRA from 6.4.11 to 7.2.3 and we are still experiencing the issue with the 2 dimentional gadget. Based on above comment, the JQL search for 'Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integr' and "Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integration results the same issue and when i open the issue and check the branch name field has a value 'frwk14.0.120_integration'. I tried to reindexing but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Deepali Bagul

&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2017

the JQL search for 'Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integr' and "Branch Name" = frwk14.0.120_integration results the same issue and when i open the issue and check the branch name field has a value 'frwk14.0.120_integration'. I tried to reindexing but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Are there others issue or is this the only one ? If there is only one issue affected , you may edit the field by hand and see if this 'fix the issue'. 

There might be a problem with this particular issue. have you find anything in the log about this issue ? have you tried to look at the exact field value in the database ?

select * from customfieldvalue where issue=(select id from jiraissue where pkey='JIRA-12');

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/database-schema/database-custom-fields

0 votes
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2016

Hi Deepali,

With the  'Free Text searcher (Stat)' searcher you can use free text search with JQL, but the pattern you can use in JQL is not reflected in the indexed value of the field. If I Understand correctly you want a 'group by' for each of the underlined values ?

If you follow the link on the dashboard for one of the repeated underlined values : the custom field do contain the correct value  ? Have you refreshed the dashboard ? have you tried reindexing the JIRA server ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events