BobSwift run-now replacing of template variable

Iris Abramovitz October 25, 2016

hello,

I have tried to replace a query parameter from a template variable without success. I tried setting a metadata variable and that seemed to work as long as the metadata defined was static.

I want to be able to do the following

{run-now} {include:$ProjectName} {sql:datasource=Report_DataMart} select '$first', key FROM [dbo].[strategy]   where key like '$first%' {sql} {run-now}

where $first is a template parameter.

I have also tried this {run:replace=first:$first} {sql:datasource=Report_DataMart} select * FROM [dbo].[strategy]   where key like '$first%' {sql} {run}

with out any success. only thing I got working is select '%metadata_example1%' however metadata plugin does not support getting it's value from a template parameter.

Thanks in advance,

Iris

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

I don't know how you can get a template variable to work in this scenario sad.

Carrie Moley July 3, 2018

Our company just upgraded from 3.5.9 to 6.8.1 (I know...we got behind). 

In 3.5.9, we were able to wrap template variables in the metadata-list macro. This was great, because it let us define list values for our users to fill out in a form and then create custom reports from the result:

{metadata-list}
|| Date | @Date|textarea(1,40)@ |
|| Requester | @Requester|textarea(1,40)@ |
|| Type | @Type|list(Select,Maintenance,Incident,Defect,Complaint,Query)@ ||
{metadata-list}

I am trying to figure out how to do this with 6.8.1, but it seems that I can either have variables that are not metadata, or static metadata that people have to fill in manually rather than choose from a list.

Is anyone able to help me with a great suggestion here?

Thanks,
Carrie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events