Bob Swift Create on Transition - Linking to the new issue

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2018

Hey,

I have a problem with the add-on.

I'm trying to catch the original issue from the new issue workflow according to the link between then.

For example, I have "Ticket 1"and on close transition "create on transition" post function how create new ticket to "Ticket 2". (Ticket 1 > Ticket 2)

The "create on transition" creates the new ticket in "Ticket 2" as expected and create a link between them.

In "Ticket 2" I try (with post function) to get the original ticket ("Ticket 1") with the link how should be between them. (On "Ticket 2" workflow [from create transition] > get the "Ticket 1" ticket)

The problem is that I'm fail to catch the original ticket ("Ticket 1")- the post function on "Ticket 2" in located as the last post function in the list.

It seems like the link is created after the transition is execute. Is there any way to catch the original ticket from the new ticket workflow? 

Please advise,

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

Bob swift support response:

The plugin creates the issue first and then does few tasks as part of post issue creation.
This is at par with the JIRA behavior as linking of issue cannot be done unless the issue is created itself.
So if the linked issues are not being fetched in the create transition then that is something we feel cannot be addressed as this is how Jira behaves.

However, as a workaround you can refer the original issue via a custom field which stores the issue key which created it.

I used this workaround and it was enough for me.

1 vote
Deleted user July 10, 2018

Hi @Neta Elyakim ,

Since you have raised a support request with us. We are working actively on it. We will post an update once done.

Regards,

Swathi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events