Bigpicture resouces item

lindavandertoorn September 18, 2016

I am testing bigpicture for free to see if will be usefull for sheduling our projects.

For us its important that we have an overview in the resources capacity, but i wonder if the bigpicture add on is use full for this because the resource item only shows per programme? is this assumption correct?

And only with Bigpicture Enterprise the resource item shows the capacity calculated with all the programmes/projects?

In BigPicture Enterprise, tasks from other Programs are displayed as slightly faded-out ones, and are also taken into account when calculating allocation. This eliminates the all-too-often problem of a Project Manager assigning tasks to a resource, not knowing that another PM already did so in a different project. With Enterprise, you always know the actual, absolute capacity and allocation, no matter how convoluted the decision processes are

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Hi,

Correct - the standard edition shows only 1 Program at a time, and Enterprise shows allocation and capacity across all Programs.

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Portfolio treats resource management slightly different, but from what I remember it has cross-project summaries for teams defined in it.

0 votes
lindavandertoorn September 18, 2016

thanks for you answer - does the add one Portfolio also have this feature?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events