BigPicture markers/milestones

Rafi Itskovich January 9, 2018

How can I create my own markers or milestones in BigPicture?

Thanks, Rafi

1 answer

1 vote
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

For vertical lines on the Gantt:

On the Gantt portion of the Program (so NOT on the WBS side) click on the date on the timeline and a Marker dialog box will open.  Make sure you have View-->Show Markers turned on.  Bad thing is that they are only visible to you.  If you have other users of the same program they won't see the markers you've created.  kind of a bummer.

for Milestone tasks:

click on the WBS task, click on the ellipse, change Task Type to milestone (everyone sees those)

Sateendra Dey August 22, 2018

Hi Ericka, 

I was able to create markers as per your instructions. So thank you for that. 

Quick note, the markers I created were visible to others viewing the program. They just had to enable the show markers in their respective view settings. I don't know if that's an update since your comment but thought I'd share that. 

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2018

ah that is good news, thanks for the followup !!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events