BigPicture: Is there a connection between Roadmap and Resources?

Rowland Reed August 8, 2017

When I drag an issue into a roadmap cadence I would like to see it show up on the Resources sheet within the timeframe of the cadence.  I'm not observing this behavior -- is there a way to configure?

thanks!

-rowland

2 answers

2 votes
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2017

Hello Rowland,

Thank you for your inquiry. 

All modules in BigPicture plugin are connected one way or another, as they all display and allow user to modify different aspects of JIRA projects and components of those projects. 

Cadences view though, is only accesible from the Gantt chart and the Roadmap module. Resources module works bit independently allowing user to display and manage different aspects of our project.

A feature, which would make possible for a user to display cadences in the Resource module is not there yet, though we may consider adding it to our plugin in the future. That way we would be able to see how actions executed via Roadmap would affect our Resource within a specific Cadence.

We've created an improvement request in our backlog in order to discuss this matter and possibly implement it in the future.

https://softwareplant.com/jira/browse/BIGPICTURE-3653

Best Regards,

Piotr of SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2019

2 years later, we have added this functionality :)

BigPicture 7.1.x has a functionality to synchronize task period  which is configurable in Program configuration. Turning this on, will auto change Start date and End date fields based on the Cadence to which a task is moved on the Board (former Roadmap module)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events