BigGantt doesn't reflect estimate duration?

Hi,

I'm using BigGantt in JIRA Cloud. I created my backlog, put estimates against each task and created a new Program in BigGantt. It set every task to be today, and 1d in duration regardless of the Original Estimate I input.

Now, although the BigGantt does reflect start and end date both ways (ie, if I change it on the ticket it reflects on the gantt and vice versa), it doesn't reflect the original estimate at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

OK after speaking to the software vendor I solved this!

Check what is your current 'Task period configuration' in Settings –> Add-ons –> BigGantt –> Gantt configuration. Set Start Date to 'Original Estimate' and End Date to 'End Date' and it will calculate the period based on the estimate, and also change the estimate if you drag periods to be longer or shorter.

I have had this happen.  I do not know the answer.  I also don't really understand some of the documentation around this this, 

https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/Gantt+configuration#Ganttconfiguration-App'sDefault/RequiredCustomFields

maybe it has something to do with the task mode being manual rather than auto?

hopefully those awesome SoftwarePlant people will answer the question for us.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

844 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you