BigGantt Synchronization Cannot Remove Versions in Hierarchy

Lisa A. January 21, 2019

I am trying to create a view that does not have the versions as the primary hierarchy. The view I want to create is by related Feature, Epic, User Story. So that within in one Feature you would see the corresponding Epics then from Epic the related User Stories.

Under Synchronization > Task hierarchy (work breakdown structure) I have removed version structure from the left plane 'Selected' but the gantt view does not seem to update.

Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hey @Lisa A.

You most likely forgot about unchecking Synchronize Jira versions option under "Task types" in Program Configuration > Synchronization. 

Let me know if that was the case.

Cheers.

Lisa A. January 21, 2019

I had forgotten to do uncheck that box under 'Task Types' I have done that and the view still is retaining the fix versions. Maybe there is another step I am missing?

The goal is to not have the gantt view have the fix versions but have hierarchy by the feature, epic, user story break down by the link relates to. 

Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Okay Lisa. Last shot. Under the same page, check Remove tasks not in filter - you probably have this option unchecked.

Am I right?

Lisa A. January 21, 2019

'Remove tasks not in filter' is checked, hopefully their is a last, last shot?

Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2019

I'll find the solution eventually so, don't worry. 

I just double checked this and, in my case, versions are removed from the Gantt after unchecking Synchronize Jira versions box under "Task types". Make sure you've: 

1. Clicked "Save and sync" button on the very bottom of Synchronization page, 
  2. Done a Re-sync (see Ericka's hint above), 
  3. Cleared BigGantt's caches (Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons > BigGantt > Technical Info and click "Clear cache"). 

Any changes? If not, I suggest moving this conversation over to our Service Desk here.

Lisa A. January 21, 2019

Unfortunately I cannot do step 3. as I am not a Jira Admin, should I have to go to an admin every time I am trying to manipulate my own gantt charts?

I will open a Service Desk ticket, thank you for trying!

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2019

did you hit 'R R' to do a hard refresh?

Lisa A. January 21, 2019

I re-synced the data if that is what you are referring to after saving changes? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events