Best way to Downgrade Script Runner to 3.1.4

Daniel Bower October 26, 2015

I accidently upgraded Script Runner from 3.1.4 to 4.1.3.4 prematurely.  While looking for the pricing information to pass along to management, I clicked the "Paid Upgrade" button which was a one-click download and install of the latest version.  Until I have budgetary approval, I cannot upgrade to the latest.

What is the best way to revert to 3.1.4?  I have downloaded the old version jar, but I am not able to upload it with the new version there.  I tried to disable the new version then install the old one, but still no luck.  I hesitate to uninstall the new one because I don't want to lose any of the configured scripts, etc.  Can you please provide the best path to downgrade while we figure out the budgeting for the new version?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

Daniel,

Please take a look at our KB article: http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/SFJ/Downgrade+ScriptRunner

You should be fine following the step-by-step guide outlined in the KB and don't worry - you won't lose any configured scripts.

Daniel Bower October 26, 2015

That worked like a charm, thanks for getting me pointed to the right place.

Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

no problem Daniel, could you please mark this question as answered? Thanks in advance.

MoT_Tech November 1, 2022

This is a dead link.  How do I downgrade Scriptrunner (from 7.3.0 to 6.58.1) ?

Apparently Scriptrunner >= 7.0.0 (on JIRA 8.20.11 server) in conjunction with "Assets and Inventory Plugin for JIRA" 7.2.2 breaks JIRA's "Create Issue" form.  From appfire support:

Re:  "Assets and Inventory Plugin for JIRA 7.2.2 causing problem with JIRA 8.20.11 Create Issue form"

"Can you please let us know if you are using the Adaptavist app? We noticed that the problem only occurs on Adaptavist Script Runner versions 7.0.0. If yes, then downgrade the script runner to 6.58.1 version and verify if you still face the issue."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2022

It is from 7 years ago.  Things have changed.

Downgrading Scriptrunner is not a simple task any more, to drop from one major release to the one below, you are going to need to plough through all your script usage, work out which ones that are no longer compatible with the previous version, then download and install the version you want manually (i.e. using "upload app" instead of the options in "manage apps".  It will override the installed versions.  You may also lose functionality, but the data that configures for it will not be affected, so when it's ok to go back to a 7.x release, it'll all reappear.

(For my own reference, SRJSUP-27194 - raised by Appfire and high on our priority list, but I'm not party to the whole conversation.  The main error reported is "TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'toString')" which usually means "field misbehaving", but can also mean "script or code not handling misbehaving field properly".  So I don't know which side the error might even be!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events