Behaviours not executed from admin mode ?

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

JIRA 6.3.12

Scriptrunner 3.1.4

I defined some behaviours, they work correctly (issue create screen, issue edit screen, workflow transition screen). But when I am in admin mode, and then click the "Create" button, I first have to select the project and the issue type, and only then the issue create screen is shown. In this last screen my behaviours are not executed.

Is this a known limitation ?

3 answers

0 votes
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

I did some debugging. It seems the behaviour script is executed correctly, but on the resulting screen non of the hidden/required methods is executed ?

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] , we do not have any test plugins installed. We have the issue systematically all times we create an issue from an admin screen (even the screen to manage versions in a project!)

Of course this is not blocking, but very annoying.

0 votes
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

One thing that I did note is that (one my version) the project and issue type fields have different name/id values on the two different screens.  This might cause a problem somewhere in your behaviour and/or field mapping if you are triggering on a specific project and/or issue type.

I know in the past I have had to set the behavour mappings to All Projects/All Issuetypes and deal with that inside of the behavour scripts as stuff like this was a problem depending on what screen your were viewing when you clicked "CREATE ISSUE". 

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

now that I am remembering, in the past I have seen one screen return issuetye as an array and another as a string causing me to do this check if (issueType instanceof ArrayList) {issueType = issueType[0];} I haven't seen this issue for a while but I still do the check anyway!!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

No, it's not a limitation, and should work fine like that. But we have seen an occurrence of this before, but were never able to work out why or reproduce. We thought it had something to do with another plugin, perhaps something related to "testing"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events