Behaviours: making custom field read-only isn't working

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

JIRA 6.3.9 with Service Desk 2.2 and Script Runner 3.0.7.

I've got a custom field and I've created a behaviour that should make that field read-only ... except that it doesn't. I can still edit the field. I've tried turning on logging for Behaviours but I cannot find any logging output for the plugin.

Here are the settings I've used:

Use Validator Plugin: Disabled

Guide Workflow: None

Field: Organisation, Optional, Readonly, Shown, Conditions: None.

Mapping: Developer Technical Support (the project), all issue types

Here is the XML:

<config use-validator-plugin="false" name="Read-only organisation" description="Used to make the Organisation field read-only" guideWorkflow="null">
<field id="customfield_10601" required="null" readonly="true" hidden="null"/>
</config>

Not sure what I should be trying/looking at in order to get this working.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2015

Behaviours is not working with Service Desk, however I think you could open a ticket in https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net to request compatibility.

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2015

Thanks. I've reported it as a bug. https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-629.

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2015

Ah - no - if I click on the Edit button, the field is correctly disabled. No, I'm editing the issue just from the Browse URL. So if I hover the mouse pointer over the field, JIRA displays the "Click to Edit" UI. Interestingly, if I *do* click on the Edit button then cancel, JIRA does (correctly) disable inline editing of that field.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2015

How are you editing the issue? By clicking in the Edit button of the issue?

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2015

I've updated my question with the additional infomation.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2015

could you please share your code?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events