Behaviours Plugin - Server side scripting

Deleted user April 7, 2014

Hi,

I have a behavior set to make a field required based on value selected on different field. There are two custom fields: Request Type (select field) and Client ID (Text). I want Client ID to be required based on the value selected in Request Type field. This is what I have so far. Seems like script is compiling but it allows me to submit a ticket without a value in Client ID.

FormField requesttypeField = getFieldByID("Request Type")

FormField clientidField = getFieldByID("Client ID")

if (requesttypefield.getValue() == "New LG Request")

{

clientidField.setRequired(true)

}

How do I know if the code is executed on the submit form?

JIRA version 5.1.3

Behaviours Plugin version 0.5.2

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 23, 2014

Hi Jamie,

You can close this ticket. I tried the script with field id and it worked!

FormField clientID = getFieldById("customfield_12936") //Client ID field / customfield_12936

0 votes
Deleted user May 27, 2014

Hi Jamie,

Sorry for submitting this question here but i was not sure where else to go. I submitted 2 questions on Behaviour plugin on May 21st but it is not visible in my questions queue. Any idea what happened? Where can i go for this kind of support?

thank!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Are you sure it's compiling? If you use the field name, you should use getFieldByName(...)

I tried with getFieldByName("Request Type") and getFieldByName("Client ID")but client id is still not required. I also tried with by setting a condition as workflow step = Open. It did not work.

When I inserted the code and clicked on update I did not get any error. Thats what i meant by compiling.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Make sure the behaviour is applied, check the logs. You can up the logging from the main behaviours screen.

Is the script attached to the "Request Type" field?

Jamie, I had the script attached to Client ID before. I changed it to Request Type but the result is same. Attaching the ss:

Deleted user April 8, 2014

Hi Jamie, were you able to see the screenshot?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2014

Nope.

(filler).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events