Behaviours Plugin:Making a field mandatory depending on other data entered in to the form by script

gary qiu January 23, 2013

I have a similar problem,

on “new issue” or “edit issue” screen, if the field “Priority” is set to either Blocker, the field “Due Date” should be mandatory. Respectively, if the field “Priority” is set to Trivial, Minor, etc., the field “Due Date” should be optional.

2 I add a script liske this"

public void setEnvironmentWhenHighPri () {
FormField priField = getFieldByName("Priority")
FormField dueField = getFieldByName("due date")

if (priField.getFormValue() == "1") { // Blocker priority
dueField.setHelpText("<div class=\"warningBox\">Please explain why priority is Blocker.</div>")
dueField.setRequired(true)

}
else {
dueField.setRequired(false)
}
}

anyone can help me, where is the problem in this script.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

I think "due date" should be "duedate". At least log.warn the value of dueField, so you cna see if it's null.

Any errors in the log?

btw, I have enable log by the link on the Behaviours admin screen, thanks.

Thanks for your quickly reply, I have updated " FormField dueField = getFieldByName("duedate"), but still does not work, even I updated the condition to " if ("1" == "1")".

Sorry, I didn't find error message about this in log file atlassian-jira.log, do you have any other suggestion about this, thanks again.

Gary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events