Behaviour not working as expected

Mike Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

I have the current configuration for a behaviour

What I am hoping to achieve is that the 'Proposed Estimate' field (KCF Interval Custom Field) is read only when in step Open.

However when I test this (navigate to an appropriate issue, edit issue, change field, update) it accepts the update.

In this case I would expect not to be able to even edit the field or at least get a validation error when I try to update. I am in the system admin group, don't know if that is a problem or not.

In the end I wan't to create a fairly comprehensive set of behaviors that will give different editing capabilities based on project role for most of my steps (I have 11).

Is this something that the Behaviour Plugin is designed for or is it more suited to simple cases?

Should I be using the server side script perhaps?

What advantages would I get from a server side script?

Thanks all!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

The behaviours plugin doesn't know about all custom field types... it needs to understand what javascript functions to call to get the value as shown in the UI, to set it readonly etc etc. If you're using the Kepler CF, you might try their version of behaviours, called Blitz actions. It's more likely to work seeing as it's the same company.

Mike Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Thanks will give it a try!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events