Automations: Using labels as a trigger, how can I a story/bug to the current or next sprint?

Chris Notley-Smith September 25, 2017

We work with weekly sprints and have a very over filled backlog (I know- I should fix that). Part of our process for closing off a sprint involves adding cards to a trello board to manage corrections to stories or bug fixes before a deploy. We've found this to be a good process as it keeps our board clean and helps us prioritise over a lot of projects. I think of them as 'soft cards'.

Using Zapier, cards that aren't resolved before deploy need to be added to the next sprint- however, zapier can only take me part of the way as I can't allocate cards to the 'Active Sprint' or 'Next Sprint'. Right now, I can only send to Backlog.

I'm not too familiar with the automation tools available within JIRA, but I should be able to solve this if I tag these cards and have an automation running that moves cards with a certain tag into a contextual sprint (Active or Next), and then maybe another automation to remove those tags once they're moved (optional-just a thought).

There's a couple of other uses we'd have for this but- Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing this? It would really help to streamline our process.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events