Automation for Jira - Transition parent issue automatically when any sub-tasks move to In-progress

How can i automatically create a automation where when any of the sub-tasks move to status In-Progress, parent should should move to In-progress.

However this should not work for closed transition of sub-tasks.

I have achieved for Jira Workflow toolbox and now we have only "Automation for Jira" add-on, any suggestions please.

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

Hello,

Do you have Automation Lite or Automation Pro? I mean did you pay money for the add-on or it is the free one? I guess You could do it by using "Branch Rule/Related Issues" but it is only for the Pro version.

Hello Alexey,

Thanks for your inputs, it worked using  "Branch Rule/Related Issues". Thanks a lot !

Any idea how we can do for all issues rather than any issue condition. ?

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

I do not understand the question. There is only one parent for the issue. And in any case even if there were several parents, operation would be executed on all parents.

Hi Alexey,

Sorry for making it confusing.

I do have one more requirement that when all sub-tasks are re-opened, parent should be re-opened (catch is that parent should only be re-opened when ALL sub-tasks are re-opened)

Any pointer for this please :)

Andreas Knecht Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

Hi Pratiyush,

Yes you can do this with our 'Related issues condition'.  Check out our blog for an example: https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453

Cheers,
  Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the link, it worked exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Pratiyush

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

144 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you