Automation for Jira: Can i Edit a Comment of an Issue

thmu December 12, 2017

HI,

I would like to encourage the employees to address groups. For example, @cyadmin. For this I would like to check if a comment was created, if the shortcut @cyadmin is included and if so, I would like to replace in this @cyadmin with the shortcuts of our admins. Is that possible?

3 answers

1 vote
Michał Łusiak September 26, 2019

Hi, I'm looking to do a similar thing, is it now possible to do it? It's a post from 2017 so I hope you have solved that by this time.

Regards

Michael

0 votes
Erin Quick-Laughlin June 10, 2021

Any updates on this?  Also looking to work with edited comments.  We want to listen to the event of a comment being edited, so we can trigger an Automation rule.

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately we don't support editing of comments just yet. We're already tracking this at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-419.

We've got quite a few higher priority items in our backlog at the moment so it will be a while before we can get to this, but we'll let you know when we get a chance to work on this.

Cheers,
 Andreas

thmu January 12, 2018

Thank you

Bruna Maximiano da Paixao September 1, 2020

Hello!

Do you have any updates?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events