Automatically transition issue after approval

We are currently evaluating the Herzum Approval Add-on.  Is there a way to have an issue "automatically transition" after it has been approved?  I have setup the Herzum Add-on to create "Request Approval" for the "move to production" transition.  However, we would like for the issue to automatically transition to the next state after the required approvals.

IN QA
Move to Production
No Screen
AWAITING DEPLOYMENT TO PRODUCTION

3 answers

Hello,
the 'issue automatically transition after it has been approved' is a configurable option of the Herzum Approval add-on. In order to configure it, you need to check the AWT box associated to the specific transition as per the example showed below:

AWT.PNG

If you need this configuration on all issues belonging to a specific project/issue type you must set this configuration via the Approval Mapping Administration screen.

If you need this configuration on a single issue, you must set this configuration via the Define Approval screen.

The add-on allows to transition an issue via the FORCED or the RESPONSIVE automatic workflow transitioning.

• The Responsive transitioning simulates an issue transitioning performed by an user (the user configured via the AWT global setting screen).AWT Global Settings.PNGThe Responsive transitioning is able to run the post function configured on your workflow but it needs that existing condition and validators allow transitioning.

• The Forced transitioning simply migrates the issue in the target status.The Forced  transitioning is the default. It does not need you configure an AWT user. The issue is automatically transitioned without performing checks on conditions and validators but without running post functions too.AWT Global Settings2.PNG

I have provide you just an overview of the feature but, in order to have a more detailed illustration of the topic, I suggest you to review our add-on documentation space on https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Herzum+Approval+Documentation.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt, suggestion or assistance request.

Best Regards

I think I figured out what I was struggling with. It seems the "AWT" option works as expected for newly created issues, but not as expected for existing issues.

Thank you for your help.

Have a look at https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Refreshing+issues+status+due+to+approval+mapping%27s+changed+settings. The page describes how to bulk transition the issues that have been allowed to transition automatically by updating the mapping configuration after that those issues had already been 'approved'  (e.g. AWT upgrading).

I hope it helps.

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

344 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you