Automatically transition Epics AND Stories as sub-tasks transition?

I'm currently using Automation for Jira Cloud, but I'm open to ANY solutions that will work in the Jira Cloud. I'm able to transition Epics when 1st-level child issuesTypes transition. I'm also able to transition the 1st-level child issueTypes when their sub-tasks transition. However, I'm unable to figure out a way to have the sub-task autotransition up through the hierarchy. Is it possible for the transition of a sub-task to automatically transition its parent issueType AND automatically transition the parent's corresponding parentEpic? 

Our use case is that Epics always have Issues, but Issues don't always have sub-tasks, so people-driven transitions could occur at either the issue or sub-task level.

If anySubTask -> In Progress
then anyParentIssue -> In Progress
then parentEpic -> In Progress

Also doing the same for Resolving the sub-tasks, issues & epics, but I assume solution would be basically the same if it is possible.

If allSubTask -> Done
then allParentIssue -> Done
then parentEpic -> Done

I have the same problem with Portfolio's custom "Parent Link", but I'll save that for another discussion.

2017-05-02_16-58-40.png2017-05-02_17-00-01.png

1 answer

Comments Closed
This widget could not be displayed.
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion May 02, 2017

Hi Lloyd, 

I've closed this question as it's a duplicate of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Marketplace-questions/Automatically-transition-Epics-AND-Stories-as-sub-tasks/qaq-p/582997

I hope you don't mind.

Best,

Maarten

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

455 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you